Three Year Old Program
Classes for children who are three by October 1st are available morning or afternoon with a choice of a two or three day program. The three day classes meet Monday through Wednesday, and the two day classes meet Thursday and Friday. An enrichment class, Literacy Lab, is available to extend and enrich the three year old program. Research indicates that the children retain more information if classes are on consecutive days. Children must be toilet trained and indicate a readiness to benefit from a group experience.
Our three year old classes are geared toward developing socialization skills, as well as a positive self image, while familiarizing children with early school routines. Through play and hands-on learning, our goal is to develop the whole child. Our creative and carefully designed curriculum actively engages children’s minds and bodies.
- Learn to separate happily from parents
- Develop a positive self-image by “doing” for themselves
- Have fun at school
- Engage in cooperative play (sharing and taking turns)
- Develop fine motor skills through art activities and use of manipulatives
- Develop gross motor skills through outside and inside play
- Improve hand/eye and foot/eye coordination
- Learn to verbalize needs, wants and frustrations
- Engage in songs, stories and classroom discussions
- Awareness and recognition of colors, shapes, numbers and letters
Literacy Lab – Three Year Old Enrichment Program on Wednesday or Thursday Afternoon
The Literacy Lab is designed to introduce and reinforce letters and other early literacy skills in a fun and engaging way! To further foster a love of reading, the children bring home a Caldecott winning book each week from our Literacy Lab Library to share with their family. Research has shown that children start on the path to learning to read and write very early in life.
During Literacy Lab, children will explore and become more familiar with print and print-related concepts. This program extends the preschool experience with an emphasis on listening to and talking about stories, identifying letters and letter sounds and other early literacy skills in a fun and playful way!