St. Andrew’s Nursery School has managed to provide our 2 very different children with exactly the early childhood education experience they needed. The staff has truly become like family – providing a safe, caring, and fun place to learn, play, and explore. – Krista Peters
Four Year-Old Program
Our Four Year-Old Program is designed to prepare children who are four by October 1st for Kindergarten. The children must indicate a readiness to benefit from a group experience. Classes are available morning or afternoon, and meet either 4 or 5 days each week. Developing the whole child- intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically- is the basis of our program. The curriculum is play-based and technology enhanced, allowing each child to be an active, engaged learner. Independence is fostered and encouraged. Requests from public school Kindergarten teachers have been incorporated into our curriculum.
- Recognition of upper case letters and beginning word sounds
- Recognition of rhyming words
- Shape recognition
- Recognition of numbers 0-20
- Counting sequentially
- One to one correspondence
- Recognizing, reading and extending patterns
- Cooperative play – sharing and taking turns
- Increased attention spans and listening skills
- Following single and multi-step directions
- Developing communication skills
- Increased sense of independence
- Development of a positive self-image (“I can do it myself”)
- Gaining a sense of responsibility
- Increased gross motor skills – running, hopping, jumping, climbing, sliding, balancing and alternating feet on the stairs
- Increased fine motor skills – tracing, drawing, cutting, coloring, painting, gluing, zippering, buttoning, and beading
- Developing a proper pencil grasp
Four Year Old Fifth Day
This is a dedicated STEM day designed to introduce concepts of prediction, reasoning and discovery as well as exploring the natural world of science with an opportunity to take part in multi-sensory experiences and scientific experiments.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
327 Marlton Pike West, Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08002